Summer Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program (Bridges)
The Bridges to the Baccalaureate program is collaboration between Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) and Ivy Tech Community College of Central Indiana. It is a 9-week part-time (28 hours) summer program, supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The Bridges program provides participants experience in sciences within a research community and opens doors for students who are considering a career in research-related fields, including biomedical research.
Selected students and faculty spend a summer at IUPUI in laboratories participating in hands-on research. Bridges participants are paired with junior and senior-year undergraduate students, graduate students or supportive staff research associates. This is a paid position for work in research labs and training. Participants will be offered the opportunity to attend fieldtrips, educational workshops/seminars and social activities.
The Bridges Program provides students with resources such as financial support, faculty mentoring and advising, and participation in a faculty-mentored research project at IUPUI.
The Bridges Program is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
- Underrepresented minority students
- Enrolled at Ivy Tech Community College
- Interested in research (basic or clinical)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- With plans to pursue a 4-year degree in a science or health related major
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
- Work with faculty mentors
- Expand career development in biomedical and life science areas
- Receive access to the IUPUI campus and its resources
- Bridges participants will earn $13.50/hour for part-time participation of (28 hours)
Apply via the CRL Summer 2015 Program Application The submission deadline is February 27, 2015.
- 2015 Program Flyer
- 2015 Bridges SRP Calendar
- Poster Template for Bridges
- 2014 Scholar Abstracts
- 2013 Scholar Abstracts
- 2012 Scholar Abstracts
- 2011 Scholar Abstracts
- 2010 Scholar Abstracts
Vicki L. Bonds, M.S., M.Ed.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
911 W. Michigan Street, University Tower (HO) Suite 202, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5195