Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP)
The Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP) is primarily aimed at attracting academically talented freshmen pursuing an education in the research setting who will contribute to the diversity of IUPUI. Students in the program are part of a group of undergraduate scholars who benefit from the research activities, individual support and scholarship funding leading to graduation with a four year degree. Priority is given to incoming high school students who meet minimum eligibility requirement. A continuing IUPUI student may apply and awards are based on availability. This award is made to students in a variety of majors at IUPUI and is highly competitive.
- Incoming freshman, rising undergraduate sophomore, or junior
- Majoring in any subject
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
Eligibility requirements for incoming high school students:
- Student must be in the top 25% of their graduating class and have at least a 1070 SAT (math and critical reasoning sections only) or 23 ACT score.
- Student must have at least a B grade in all math and science courses
- Student must supply at least two (2) letters of recommendation, one which must be from a math or science teacher.
- Student must be an Indiana resident and/or be a US citizen or permanent resident. A scholar may continue in the program for up to 4 years if he/she maintains a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Students from racial and ethnic populations who have been historically underrepresented in institutions of higher education and whose presence will enhance the learning environment through increased diversity at IUPUI are encouraged to apply.
Incoming IUPUI freshmen:
- Top 25% of high school graduating class
- Minimum 23 composite ACT or 1070 SAT
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
Current IUPUI students:
- Minimum 25 credit hours earned at IUPUI or incoming IUPUI-Ivy Tech Bridges to the Baccalaureate participants
- At least 2 years (4 academic year semesters) remaining at IUPUI
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.3 or higher
Eligibility requirements for continuing IUPUI students:
- Minimum of 25 credit hours completed at IUPUI by end of spring semester during which the application is being made.
- Have a minimum 3.3 grade point average.
- Must have at least two remaining years of study at IUPUI (cannot be a senior).
- Student must be an Indiana resident and/or be a US citizen or permanent resident. A scholar may continue in the program for up to 2 years if he/she maintains a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Contribute to the diversity at IUPUI (essay required).
- Opportunity to work with a faculty mentor, conducting hands-on research
- Support for up to 4 years of undergraduate tuition and fees (at the in-state Indiana rate)
- Competitive stipend for books and supplies
Apply via the CRL Summer 2014 Program Application. The submission deadline is March 3.
- Poster Template for DSRP
- 2014 Program Flyer
- 2013 SRP Scholar Abstracts
- 2012 SRP Scholar Abstracts
- 2011 SRP Scholar Abstracts
- 2010 SRP Scholar Abstracts
Vicki Bonds, M.S. Ed.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
850 West Michigan Street, Suite 202, Indianapolis, IN 46202