Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP)
The Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP) is a highly competitive, performance-based, annually-renewable fellowship program focusing on active learning through hands-on research and scholarship. DSRP is a partnership between the Center for Research and Learning and participating Purdue University and Indiana University schools and departments at IUPUI. This award is made to academically talented undergraduate students from a variety of majors who will contribute furthur to the rich diversity of the IUPUI campus. Students in the program receive stipends for books and supplies, and may also receive financial support for in-state tuition and mandatory fees.
DSRP students are part of a vibrant community of undergraduate scholars who benefit from peer support, research activities, and individualized programming that lead to increased retention ad graduation rates.provides financial support for in-state. In addition, scholars earn a competitive stipend in the fall and spring semesters to assist with books and supplies.
- Incoming freshman, rising undergraduate sophomore, or junior
- Majoring in any subject
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
Incoming IUPUI freshmen:
- Top 25% of high school graduating class
- Minimum 23 composite ACT or 1070 SAT
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
Current IUPUI students:
- Minimum 25 credit hours earned at IUPUI or incoming IUPUI-Ivy Tech Bridges to the Baccalaureate participants
- At least 2 years (4 academic year semesters) remaining at IUPUI
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Opportunity to work with a faculty mentor, conducting hands-on research
- Support for up to 4 years of undergraduate tuition and fees (at the in-state Indiana rate)
- Competitive stipend for books and supplies
Apply via the CRL Summer 2013 Program Application. The submission deadline is March 1.
Wayne J. Hilson Jr., M.S.Ed.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
755 W. Michigan Street, UL 1140, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5195