IUPUI Nanotechnology Discovery Academy
for High School Teachers
The Nanotechnology Discovery Academy is a week-long day program (July 7-11, 2014) that provides a unique opportunity for high-school teachers to explore the interdisciplinary field of nanotechnology on the IUPUI campus and its impact on innovative STEM education. Nanotechnology concerns the control of matter in the nanometer scale: one nanometer is one billionth of a meter, or 100,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair. This cutting-edge field is becoming an essential part of science, engineering, medicine, and many other disciplines.
APPLICATION DEALINE: APRIL 7, 2014
- Participating teachers will receive a stipend of $500 or earn one graduate-credit hour in Engineering and Technology
- Will earn 45 Professional Growth Points (PGP)
- Work with world-renowned faculty mentors
- Gain hands-on laboratory experience
- Discover innovative technologies
- Learn about new frontiers of STEM
- Engage in daily research and learning activities
- July 7-11, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To apply for the Summer 2014 INDA Program, please fill out this application.
The application deadline is April 7, 2014
Dr. Mangilal Agarwal
Phone: (317) 274-2877