Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
LSAMP, funded by the National Science Foundation, is designed to broadening the participation of underrepresented minority students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. LSAMP program at IUPUI places a strong emphasis on support for summer research.
Undergraduate Students Who…
- Underrepresented minority student
- Undergraduate freshman or sophomore
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
- earn a stipend for summer research
- learn to construct a science-based research project
- work with a faculty mentor through hands-on research activities
- connect to a national network of support for graduate school
- receive mentor’s support to graduation
LSAMP is not accepting applications at this time.
Kim Nguyen, Ed.D.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
755 W. Michigan Street, UL 1140, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5195
State-wide Indiana Alliance website:
LSAMP program at NSF: