Call for Summer 2013 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI) Proposals
The Center for Research and Learning welcomes proposals for the Summer 2013 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI) at IUPUI. Proposals should represent two or more disciplines and should offer undergraduate students the opportunity to engage in a substantive research experience focused on a significant research problem.
This is a unique opportunity provided to IUPUI faculty and researchers for mentoring students while conducting pilot projects or testing new techniques and designs.
Some key points regarding this year’s program are as follows:
- Faculty writing proposals are encouraged to review the document entitled MURI FAQs for Faculty Submitting Proposals.
- Proposals must be submitted by using the current version of the MURI Project Proposal Form.
- The MURI Review Committee will review the submitted proposals using the MURI Proposal Evaluation Form.
- Graduate students and post-doctoral trainees may also serve as co-mentors on a team.
- Proposals are due by midnight on November 16, 2012 to CRLGrant@iupui.edu
- The Proposal Review Committee Meeting is currently scheduled for December 7, 2012.
- The announcement re: funded proposals is currently scheduled for December 14, 2012.
- Students may apply to MURI and rank their project choices beginning December 17, 2012 with a deadline of March 1, 2013.
- The summer program begins on May 31, 2013 and continues through August 2, 2013.
MURI is jointly funded by the Center for Research and Learning, a division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, and the School of Engineering and Technology.
Project proposals from all disciplines on the IUPUI campus are encouraged.