Summer Diversity Scholars Research Program (S-DSRP)
The Summer Diversity Scholars Research Program (S-DSRP) is an intensive, 9-week, full-time research and professional development summer program for IUPUI undergraduate students who further contribute to the rich diversity of the IUPUI campus.
S-DSRP participants are part of a vibrant learning community composed of students at multiple levels (high school, 2-year and 4-year undergraduate college, graduate school) from multiple campuses both in and outside of Indiana. S-DSRP scholars benefit from peer support, research activities, professional development, and social events and field trips. Students become involved immediately in a research setting and present their research in a campus-wide symposium at the end of the summer program.
Students applying to the Summer DSRP who also wish to be considered for the academic year Diversity Scholars Research Program may apply for both programs.
- Incoming freshman, rising undergraduate sophomore, or junior
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Majoring in non-STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident
Incoming IUPUI freshmen:
- Scheduled to enroll full-time in the Fall
- Top 25% of high school graduating class
- Minimum 23 composite ACT or 1070 SAT
Current IUPUI students:
- Minimum 25 credit hours earned at IUPUI or incoming IUPUI-Ivy Tech Bridges to the Baccalaureate participants
- At least 2 years (4 academic year semesters) remaining at IUPUI
- Opportunity to work with a faculty mentor, conducting hands-on research
- Competitive research stipend
- Payment of a 1-credit hour “Introduction to Research” summer seminar
- Academic and professional development programming
- Social events and field trips
Apply via the CRL Summer 2015 Program Application. Note: [The submission deadline has been extended to March 13, 2015.]
- 2015 Program Flyer
- 2015 DSRP SRP Calendar
- 2014 S-DSRP Scholar Abstracts
- 2013 S-DSRP Scholar Abstracts
- 2012 S-DSRP Scholar Abstracts
- 2011 S-DSRP Scholar Abstracts
Vicki Bonds, M.S. Ed.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
911 West Michigan Street, Suite 202, Indianapolis, IN 46202