Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program Summer Fellows (UROP)
UROP students take part in the Center for Research and Learning’s (CRL) nine-week summer program. In this program 75% of time is spent working on a research project with a mentor and 25% of time is spent attending professional development sessions. The CRL recommends that students accepted as UROP Summer Fellows not take classes (except for CRL-approved complementary research-related courses) or work at an additional job throughout the duration of the summer program as the program is considered a full-time commitment.
Undergraduate Students Who….
- Undergraduate sophomore, junior, or senior
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Pursuing their first undergraduate degree
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Not a previous participant in UROP
- stipend of $3,200. (Students should be aware that they are responsible for determining how their stipends will affect their financial aid package and possibly decrease any scholarship or other financial-aid funding they may receive during the academic year. If money is owed toward tuition, semester fees, fines for parking or library late fees, the bursar’s office may apply the student’s stipend toward their account balance.)
- work with a faculty mentor on a research project
- present their research at a poster session
- improve professional skills such as public speaking and presentation
- establish valuable academic and professional connections
- expand career development
Apply via the CRL Summer 2014 Program Application. The submission deadline is March 1.
- Poster Template
- 2014 Program Flyer [Coming soon]
- 2012 Program Flyer
- 2013 Scholar Abstracts
- 2012 Scholar Abstracts
Richard E Ward, Ph.D.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
University Tower (HO) Suite 202
911 W. Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202-2800