Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP)
Participants in the program are members of a community of undergraduate students who benefit from individual support, research activities, faculty mentoring and scholarship funding that leads to graduation with a four-year degree. Priority is given to incoming high school students, although continuing IUPUI students, as well as transfer students, may also apply. Awards are based on availability and applicants’ qualifications. These highly competitive awards are given to students in a variety of IUPUI majors/disciplines. A scholar may continue in the program for up to 4 years if he/she maintains a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Majoring in any subject
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Priority will be given to Indiana residents
- Must be in the top 25% of their graduating class and have at least a 1070 SAT score (old) or 1140 SAT score (new) on the 1600 scale (math and critical reasoning sections only), or 23 ACT score
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have at least a B grade in all math and science courses
- Povide the full names and emails of at least two references from teachers addressing the student's potential to conduct research
- Deadline for application is February 15th
- Minimum 25 credit hours earned
- At least 2 years (4 academic year semesters) remaining at IUPUI (incoming sophomore or junior)
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Students must be currently engaged in or have previous exposure to research
- Student must provide the full names and emails of at least two references from mentors addressing the student's research experience
- Deadline for application is February 15th for Transfer Students and March 1st for Current IUPUI Undergraduates
- Opportunity to work with a faculty mentor, conducting hands-on research for up to 4 years
- Up to the in-state rate for tuition & fees (regardless of residency) for each academic year (up to 8 semesters for Incoming Freshman and up to 6 semesters for Incoming Transfer or Current IUPUI Undergraduates)
- $4000 living stipend
- $8000 housing stipend if living in on-campus housing (priority is given to Incoming Freshman)
To apply to the Diversity Scholars Research Program (DSRP), you must first submit an Indiana University Scholarship General Application for the Academic Year by completing the following steps:
- Go to One.IU
- Search for Scholarships
- Click on the Scholarships task and log in
(NOTE: You will need to have set up your first IU computing and network ID account to apply - Click here for information about creating an IU Network ID. Additionally, setting up this account requires your 10 digit university student ID (SID) – if you do not know your SID contact the IUPUI Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- If you are new to the Indiana University scholarship system, be sure to complete your General Application to see a list of all recommended scholarship opportunities.
- Search DSRP within Recommended Opportunities
- IF it is not in your Recommended Opportunities, Click Ours under Opportunities in the dark gray navigation bar along the top instead and search with the keyword “DSRP”.
- note: Additional information about about how to apply for the DSRP opportunity can be found on the link to the Office of Student Scholarships: https://et.iupui.edu/prospective/undergraduate/scholarships
Tonya L. Shelton, M.S.Ed.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
911 W. Michigan Street, University Tower (HO) Suite 202, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5195