The program is meant for IUPUI students from underserved and underrepresented populations who want to engage in faculty-mentored research over the summer.
To address the need to promote a diverse and inclusive campus, the program includes but is not limited to students from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, military veterans, students underrepresented in their discipline, LGBTQ+ students, as well as first-generation students with financial need.
Prior to submitting an application, the student is expected to identify a mentor and draft a project proposal. Students who need assistance in finding a mentor should notify CRL well before the application deadline.
Students will engage in mentored research activities during the months of June and July for 40 hours per week. Enrollment in classes and/or engaging in other activities during this time period is strongly discouraged. Students will receive a $3,200 research stipend. The mentors will receive $500 for research supplies or equipment. The student stipend will be disbursed as follows:
- Half of the stipend is disbursed mid-project
- The remainder upon successful completion of the project and submission of all research products, which include written research reports, a research abstract, a program evaluation and the presentation of a poster during the summer poster session.
- Undergraduate student majoring in any subject
- Representing an under-served or underrepresented population
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Pursuing their first undergraduate degree at IUPUI
Preference will be given to students who have not received any CRL stipend in the past.
For your DS-UROP proposal, please look here for guidelines.
This application is now open. The submission deadline for summer 2017 is April 3rd. Please click here to apply.
Tonya L. Shelton, M.S.Ed.
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
University Tower (HO) Suite 202
911 W. Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202-2800