The program is for IUPUI students from underserved and underrepresented populations who want to engage in faculty-mentored research over the summer.
The program promotes a diverse and inclusive campus and includes, but is not limited to, students from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, military veterans, students underrepresented in their discipline, and LGBTQ+ students, as well as first-generation students with financial need.
While participating in this program, students will acquire research skills (e.g., literature review, research methodology, data collection, and analysis), learn about ethics in research and scientific writing, and improve their oral communication skills by presenting their research at either the annual IUPUI Student Research and Creative Activities Day in April or the CRL Student Summer Poster Symposium in July.
Prior to submitting an application, students are expected to identify a mentor and draft a project proposal. Students who need assistance in finding a mentor should notify CRL well before the application deadline.
Students will engage in mentored research activities during the months of June and July and will receive a $3,200 research scholarship. The mentors will receive $500 for research supplies or equipment.
- Undergraduate student majoring in any subject
- Representing an under-served or underrepresented population
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Pursuing their first undergraduate degree at IUPUI
- If your projects involve human subjects, please know that IRB approval or IRB exempt status is required prior to the start of the funding cycle. CRL will not fund any project that has not been reviewed by IRB.
Preference will be given to students who have not received any CRL stipend in the past.
Before you submit your DS-UROP proposal, please check the guidelines.
The application opens February 1, and the submission deadline is April 30.Apply here