Indiana University Undergraduate Research Conference Frequently Asked Questions’sWhat is IUURC?
When is IUURC?
- The Indiana University Undergraduate Research Conference, established in 1994, is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activity, in all fields of study, which is performed in partnership with faculty or other mentors as a vital component of an Indiana University undergraduate education. This is an annual meeting for undergraduate college students.
What will I do at IUURC?
- IUURC is on Friday, December 3, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The registration table opens at 8:30 a.m. with continential breakfast provided. You should plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before hand to register and set up.
If I choose to present orally, how long do I have?
- Undergraduate students present their research either in an oral or poster presentation. Faculty mentors and research team members are invited and encouraged to attend.
Do I have to be invited to submit to present?
- Oral presentations are limited to 8-10 min followed by 2-4 min for Q&A for a total of 12 min. You will be asked to send your presentation slides to the organizers ahead of the conference date.
Can I make a poster and do an oral presentation?What are the specifications for my poster?
- No, any undergraduate student from any IU campus may submit an abstract for consideration.
How do I register for the conference?
- Please visit Poster Design for specific instructions on designing your poster.
Is this different from where I submit my abstract?
- Visit https://go.iu.edu/3Wb3 to register if you are not presenting. Note: You will be automatically registered if you submit an abstract. See below.
How do I get to the conference?
- Yes, to submit your abstract visit https://go.iu.edu/3Wb2 and follow the instruction in the link. You will automatically be registered for the conference if you submit an abstract. You will be given access to the abstract template and prompted to upload it. Note: Abstract must be saved in Microsoft Office Word (.docx) format.
Where can I park?
- Please click here for directions. Please contact your IUURC campus liaison for transportation information.
Will there be a luncheon?
- Please click here for locations to park.
- Click here to learn where you can legally park when visiting IUPUI
How long am I required to stay?
- No, however, we will provide preloaded meal cards for all attendees that can be used at a variety of places on campus.
What should I wear?
- The entire day; there are both morning and afternoon sessions.
Will there be student awards?
- Please dress professionally. You are giving an academic presentation and should be dressed accordingly.
Do I have to have a mentor to submit an abstract?
- Yes. Please click here for details.
Do I need to send my electronic slides for my oral presentation in advance?
- You must have your project faculty mentor approve your abstract.
- Yes, you should make sure your slides are available online in addition to bringing a thumb drive. We will contact you to send us your slides ahead of time.