2018 IUURC Student Awardees
- 1st Place: Antonio Cembellín Prieto, (IU Bloomington) “Development of Antimicrobial Peptides Bactericidal to Multidrug-resistant”
- 2nd Place: Isra N. Haider, (IUPUI) "Testing of 12-Lipoxygenase Inhibitors Using Zebrafish Pancreas Development"
- 3rd Place: Pierre-Emmanuel Yoann N’Guetta, (IU South Bend) “Engineering a Fluorescent Biosensor for the Detection of Herbicide Glyphosate”
- Honorable Mention: Evan J. Messenger, (IUPUI) “Sex and Age Effects on Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy and Intracerebral Hemorrhage”
- Honorable Mention: Michael P. O'Daniel, (IU Northwest) “Alpha-Blocking Stress Away: Determining the Effects of Prazosin on Stress Responses in Zebrafish (Danio rerio)”
2017 IUURC Student Awardees
- 1st Place: Meeta Cesler-Maloney, (Southeast) “Quantifying the Relationship between Ozone and Meteorology during the Arctic Spring ”
- 2nd Place: Angela Sabo, (Southeast) "Isolating, Purifying, and Genetically Identifying Novel Bacteriophages from Southern Indiana Water Samples"
- 3rd Place: Jessica Carter, (IU Bloomington) “Foolish or Heroic? The Influence of Perpetrator Status on Perceptions of Those who Confront Prejudice”
- Honorable Mention: Sean Turner, (IUPUI) “Contrasting Bone Phenotypes in the Different Mouse Models of Down Syndrome Suggests Trisomic Dyrkl a Does Not Act Alone”
- Honorable Mention: Amira Nafiseh, (IUPUI) “Qualitative Coding, Community Engagement, and Decision Making in Healthcare”
2016 IUURC Student Awardees
- 1st Place: Laura Luther, Mechanical Engineering, IUPUI “Characterization of ABS-HDPE Blended Virgin Filaments”
- 2nd Place: Abigail Parker, BIology, IUPUI "Cognitive Therapeutics in a Mouse Model of Down Syndrome: Comparison of Pharmacological and Genetic Targeting of Dyrk1a in Ts65Dn Mice on Spatial Navigation Performance in the Morris Water Maze"
- 3rd Place: Stephen Salisbury, Sociology, IU South Bend “Why Won’t You Stay: A Quantitative Sociological Analysis of Factors Influencing Retention at IU South Bend”
- Honorable Mention: Cameron Morris, Neuroscience, IUPUI “Molecular Cascades and Potential Implications of the Spinophilin and SAPAP3 Interaction on Basal Ganglia Disorders”
- Honorable Mention: Joseph Simon, History, IU Southeast “Heroes Coming Home: A Veteran Oral History Project”