FAST TRACK Undergraduate Research Mentor Grant
IUPUI students typically identify a mentor who will have them work on a current or new research project. Projects should be such that they will last over a period of several months up to two semesters. The mentor will receive $300 for research supplies or equipment. Note, this program does not provide student stipends.Student Eligibility Requirements
- Undergraduate student
- Pursuing their first undergraduate degree at IUPUI
- Not currently enrolled in any CRL program (DSRP, MURI, UROP)
- Active research program
- A limit of 3 students per mentor engaged in any CRL program (including FAST TRACK) at any point in time
- No deadlines. Rolling acceptance of proposals.
- No program requirements to meet.
- Allows students to gain research experience prior to applying for the UROP or MURI programs.
- Allows students who don’t meet the eligibility criteria for UROP and MURI programs to gain research experience.
- Allows recent MURI and UROP program alumni to continue working on their projects by providing supply funds to the mentor.
- Successful completion of the project will allow the student to showcase their work at a campus poster symposium and/or publish it in the IU Journal of Undergraduate Research (https://iujur.iu.edu/join/index.html)
- Mentors who seek undergraduate students to assist in their research can post an advertisement on the CRL site: (CRL_FAST_TRACK_Project_Proposal_Application_Guidelines.pdf)
This program requires an application by the mentor and NOT the student. The project proposal should not exceed 4 pages and contain the following:
- Preliminary Data (if applicable)
- Hypothesis (if project is hypothesis driven)
- Project objective(s)
- Brief description of study design with a focus on the student’s specific assignment
- Expected outcomes
- Project timeline