Accepting Applications for UROP Grants
At this time, the Center for Research and Learning is accepting applications from currently enrolled IUPUI students applying to the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Grants Program (UROP GRANTS) for spring of 2015. Deadline for receipt of the completed application will be December 19, 2014. If you have questions, please contact the Center for Research and Learning at email@example.com or Dr. Richard Ward, UROP Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, and to apply today please: Click Here.
Deadline for summer 2015 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI) Faculty Proposals Extended until December 22, 2014
The Center for Research and Learning welcomes proposals for the Summer 2015 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI) at IUPUI. Proposals should represent two or more disciplines and should offer undergraduate students the opportunity to engage in a substantive research experience focused on a significant research problem.
This is a unique opportunity provided to IUPUI faculty and researchers for mentoring students while conducting pilot projects or testing new techniques and designs.
Some key points regarding this year’s program are as follows:
- Faculty writing proposals are encouraged to review the document entitled MURI FAQs for Faculty Submitting Proposals.
- Proposals must be submitted by using the current version of the MURI Project Proposal Form.
- The MURI Review Committee will review the submitted proposals using the MURI Proposal Evaluation Form (log in with IUPUI username and password).
- Projects must include faculty mentors from more than one discipline.
- Eligible graduate students and post-doctoral trainees may also serve as co-mentors on a team.
- Proposals are due by midnight on December 22, 2014, to the following address: CRLGrant@iupui.edu
- The Proposal Review Committee meetings have been rescheduled to January 15, 2015.
- The announcement regarding funded proposals is currently scheduled for January 16, 2015.
- Students may apply to MURI beginning January 16, 2015 with a deadline of March 1, 2015.
- The summer program begins on June 1, 2015, and continues through July 31, 2015.
MURI is jointly funded by the Center for Research and Learning, a division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, and the School of Engineering and Technology.
Project proposals from all disciplines on the IUPUI campus are encouraged.
For more information contact Elizabeth Rubens email@example.com or Steve Higbee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate Research @ IUPUI
The Center for Research and Learning (CRL) is dedicated to serving students through a series of undergraduate research programs. These programs offer students an opportunity to carry out innovative research, scholarship, and creative activity with faculty mentors through internally and externally funded programs.
CRL programs expose and engage students in research experiences, providing effective pathways for lifelong active learning, scholarship, and professional development. CRL is a division of the IUPUI Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
CRL Holiday Hours for Winter Break 2014-2015
|Tuesday, December 16||10:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Friday, December 19||9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 2:00-5:00 p.m.|
|Monday, December 22||9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 23||9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, December 24-Friday, December 26||CLOSED|
|Monday, December 29||9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 30||9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, December 31-Friday, January 2||CLOSED|
|Monday, January 5-Friday, January 9||9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
Applications are currently open for:
- MURI & UROP Grants
What is Research?
Research includes any scholarly, or artistic activity that leads to the production of new knowledge; to increased problem solving capabilities, including design and analysis; to original critical or historical theory and interpretation; or to the production of art or artistic performance.