FAST TRACK Undergraduate Research Mentor Grant
IUPUI students typically identify a mentor who will have them work on a current or new research project. Projects should be such that they will last over a period of several months up to two semesters. The mentor will receive $300 for research supplies or equipment. (Note: this program does not provide student stipends.)
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Undergraduate student
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Pursuing their first undergraduate degree at IUPUI
- Not currently enrolled in any CRL program (DSRP, MURI, UROP)
- No deadlines. Rolling acceptance of proposals.
- No program requirements to meet
- Allows students to gain research experience prior to applying for the UROP or MURI programs.
- Allows students who don’t meet the eligibility criteria for UROP and MURI programs to gain research experience.
- Allows recent MURI and UROP program alumni to continue working on their projects by providing supply funds to the mentor.
- Successful completion of the project will allow the student to showcase their work at a campus poster symposium and/or publish it in the IU Journal of Undergraduate Research (http://iujur.indiana.edu/join/iujuriupui/)
- Mentors who seek undergraduate students to assist in their research can post an advertisement on the CRL website