The IUPUI Center for Research and Learning annually honors outstanding undergraduate research and mentoring with several awards. To see these awards and nominate a student or a mentor please visit the CRL awards page.Awards
DSIRE applications are still open.
The Center for Research and Learning offers mentored research opportunities in all academic disciplines to undergraduate students.
What are the benefits of doing research? There’s nothing like the thrill of discovery, making an original intellectual or creative contribution to your discipline. You’ll experience how fulfilling—and fun—it is when your research or creative project reveals a new understanding that could change how people think and live. Under faculty supervision, you’ll play a significant role in IUPUI’s research endeavor. Research experiences help you gather serious credentials for your dream career. You can expand your professional network, present your research or art project at national and international events, and get your results.
- Real-life research experience
- Student research scholarships for most CRL programs
- Project supply funds
- Opportunities to present research posters at local conferences and symposia
- Honing of public-presentation skills
- Establishing an academic/professional network
- Learning to work in teams
- Opportunity to publish in the IU Journal of Undergraduate Research