Learn more about us
The IUPUI Center for Research and Learning annually honors outstanding undergraduate research and mentoring with several awards. Learn more about CRL awards
Mentored research opportunities in all academic disciplines available to undergraduate students.
What are the benefits of doing research? There’s nothing like the thrill of discovery or making an original intellectual or creative contribution to your discipline. You’ll experience how fulfilling—and fun—it is when your research or creative project reveals a new understanding that could change how people think and live.
Under faculty supervision, you’ll play a significant role in IUPUI’s research endeavor. Research experiences help you gather serious credentials for your dream career. You can expand your professional network, present your research or art project at national and international events, and get your results.
A few of the benefits of doing undergraduate research include:
- Real-life research experience
- Student research scholarships for most CRL programs
- Project supply funds
- Opportunities to present research posters at local conferences and symposia
- Honing of public-presentation skills
- Establishing an academic/professional network
- Learning to work in teams
- Opportunity to publish in the IU Journal of Undergraduate Research