The IUPUI Center for Research and Learning (CRL) annually honors outstanding undergraduate research and mentoring with several awards.
The recipient of the Chancellor’s Award is recognized at the annual Chancellor’s Academic Honors Convocation. All other awards are conferred during a special luncheon- invitation only recognition event in the University Club hosted by the Center for Research and Learning in February. In addition, the mentor and student awardees will be invited to give a short talk at the IUPUI Student Research and Engagement Day in April.
- This honor is given each year to a freshman, sophomore, or junior student for outstanding research in any discipline and features a $1,000 prize applied to the winning student’s bursar account the subsequent fall semester.
Nomination Deadline: December 14, 2018, at 11:59 PM
Continue to the Bowling-Jones-Russo Memorial Undergraduate Research Award webpage
- This honor is given each year to a student for outstanding research/creative activity in any discipline that was carried out through the UROP program in the preceding academic year. The $1,000 award will be applied to the winning student’s bursar account.
Nomination Deadline: December 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM
Continue to the Richard E Ward UROP Recognition Award webpage
- This campus-wide honor includes a $1,000 prize. IUPUI seniors completing a baccalaureate degree in May, the preceding December, or following August are eligible. A student must be nominated by the student’s dean or dean’s representative, and the nomination must be accompanied by a dossier. Each school or unit may nominate two students.
Nomination Deadline: January 31, 2019, at 11:59 PM
Continue to the IUPUI Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research webpage
- Applications are open to currently enrolled IUPUI degree-seeking undergraduates in any discipline who have no or very limited prior experience in research, and have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better. Five RISE to the IUPUI challenge undergraduate research scholarships in the amount of $1,500 are awarded in the spring of each year.
Continue to the CRL RISE to the IUPUI Challenge Undergraduate Research Scholarship webpage
- CRL now offers travel awards up to $500 to undergraduate students who are presenting their research in form of a poster or talk at a conference. Matching funds will need to be provided by the student’s mentor, department or school.
Funds are limited. Priority will be given to CRL awardees.
Continue to the CRL Undergraduate Student Travel Fellowship webpage
- The IUPUI Center for Research and Learning invites nominations from undergraduate students for the Kathryn J. Wilson Award for Outstanding Leadership and Mentoring of Undergraduate Research. Each year this award in the amount of $1,000 is given to an individual who has made significant contributions to promote undergraduate research at lUPUl.
The award is in honor of Dr. Kathryn Wilson, the founding executive director of the Center for Research and Learning. Nominations should be submited by December 14, 2018, at 11:59 PM.
Continue to The Kathryn J. Wilson Award for Outstanding Leadership in Mentoring Undergraduate Research webpage