IUPUI Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research
The IUPUI Center for Research and Learning invites nominations for the Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research, which will be conferred at the Chancellor’s Academic Honors Convocation in April.
This campuswide honor includes a $1,000 award. IUPUI seniors completing a baccalaureate degree in May, the preceding December, or following August are eligible. A student must be nominated by the student’s dean or dean’s representative, and the nomination must be accompanied by a dossier. Each school or unit may nominate two students.
The dossier must include:
- A letter from the dean or dean’s designee, not to exceed three pages, outlining the research and other relevant accomplishments of the nominee. The letter should address clearly the outstanding nature of the student’s work and should include a layman’s description of the student’s research.
- One additional letter of support from the student’s research mentor, department chair, or other appropriate person, not to exceed three pages, outlining the research and other relevant accomplishments of the nominee (a total of two letters).
- The student’s complete CV.
- Electronic copies of (or links to) the student’s research, scholarly, and creative products.
- A brief statement of future plans by the student.
Nomination checklist for the award
Nominate a student
Evaluation of candidates
The candidates will be evaluated on:
- Research, scholarly, and creative accomplishments, including dissemination of research, scholarly, or creative products through publications, and/or exhibits, and/or presentations at local, state, or national meetings (e.g., posters, talks, participation in workshops).
- General accomplishments, grade point average, awards of any kind, service learning, internships, overseas study, etc.
- Co-curricular accomplishments such as campus and community service, mentoring, memberships in organizations, relevant work activities, etc.
- Evidence of a plan for postgraduate research, scholarly, and/or creative activities.
Please contact Dr. Jerry Daday at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.