IUPUI Undergraduate Outstanding Achievement in the Creative Activity Award
This award honors outstanding achievement in the area of creative activity by any IUPUI student. The $1,000 prize is applied to the winning student’s bursar account for the subsequent fall semester.
While the quality of the work is important, this award honors a student whose creative activity has been disseminated and/or exhibited to a broad audience.
The dossier must include:
- A nomination letter by a faculty member, department chair, or dean. The nomination letter should not exceed three pages. There is no limit to the number of students nominated by each school. At the time of nomination, the student must be a continuing student committed to enrolling in the subsequent fall semester.
- A one-page narrative statement that discusses the nature of creative work and outlines achievements within this area.
- A complete CV for the student that includes evidence of creative activities (e.g., exhibitions, curatorial projects, performances, poetry readings, publications, community engagement projects). Note: this list is not comprehensive. Please consult with your nominator prior to applying to the award.
- A current transcript.
- Examples of creative activities include:
- Images (in .jpg or .pdf format).
- Video (.mp4, .mov, or .avi formats).
- Performance recordings (.mp3 or wav file formats).
- Examples of creative writing (Word or .pdf format, or embedded within an ePortfolio or within a OneDrive folder). A link must be provided to the ePortfolio or the OneDrive folder during the nomination process.
Nominate a student
Evaluation of candidates
The candidates will be evaluated on:
- Research, scholarly, and creative accomplishments, including dissemination of research, scholarly, or creative products through publications, and/or exhibits, and/or presentations at local, state, or national meetings (e.g., posters, talks, participation in workshops).
- General accomplishments, grade point average, awards of any kind, service learning, internships, overseas study, etc.
- Co-curricular accomplishments such as campus and community service, mentoring, memberships in organizations, relevant work activities, etc.
- Evidence of a plan for postgraduate research, scholarly, and/or creative activities.
Please contact Dr. Jerry Daday at email@example.com with any questions you may have.