Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
IUPUI students typically identify a mentor and work with their mentor to write a proposal for a substantive research project to be completed during the academic year (October through April) or the summer (June through July).
In this program, students will acquire research skills (e.g., literature review, research methodology, data collection, and analysis), learn about ethics in research and scientific writing, and improve their oral communication skills by presenting their research at either the annual IUPUI Student Research and Creative Activities Day in April or the CRL Student Summer Poster Symposium in July.
Students receive a $1,000 (academic year) or $3,200 (summer) research scholarship. The mentors will receive $500 for research supplies or equipment.
- Summer applications open on February 1 and close on April 30.
- Academic year applications open on August 1 and close on September 17.
Eligibility requirements for the program include:
- An undergraduate student
- Enrolled full time at IUPUI
- In pursuit of a first undergraduate degree at IUPUI
- If your projects involve human subjects, please know that IRB approval or IRB exempt status is required prior to the start of the funding cycle. CRL will not fund any project that has not been reviewed by IRB.
Preference will be given to students who have not received any CRL scholarship in the past. For your UROP proposal, please check our guidelines.Apply here